Independent Eye Care Professionals, Inc. d/b/a Vision Care Direct disclaimer
Independent Eye Care Professionals, Inc. d/b/a Vision Care Direct, collects any personally identifiable and or health information entered the vcdplans.com site. Information such as: name, address, phone number, email address, requests for payment by your provider, or prescription information (this is not an exhaustive list). This information is collected for the provision of products or services and for the purposes of treatment, payment, and healthcare operations.
Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you by the email address you provide, regarding your vision plan, account or billing activity, new products or services, or changes to this policy. You may elect not to enter this information into the vcdplans.com site but by doing so you may be prohibited from making a purchase.
Access and control over your information
You can do the following by contacting Vision Care Direct in writing at 3515 W. Central, Wichita, KS 67203 or by email at email@example.com:
- Inquire about the data we have concerning you, if any.
- Request pertinent health information on file
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- Opt-out of contact regarding advertising or marketing
- Request alternative means of communication
- Request a disclosure accounting
In some instances, a reasonable cost-based fee may apply.
How personal information is used / disclosed
Your personal information may be used or disclosed for the purpose of:
- Managing the vcdplans.com site and server
- Determining the utilization of the sight
- Identity verification
- Providing treatment, payment, and healthcare operations
- Providing products and services to you
- Responding to your requests
- Account or billing activity
- Communicating with your HR representative
- Cooperating with authorities as required by law
- Assisting you through those involved in your healthcare decisions
- Prior to disclosure you will be given the opportunity to object, if you are not available at the time, disclosure will be made based upon your revocable written pre-authorization or if it is determined by our professional judgment to be in your best interest
- In the pertinent event. Your information may be disclosed to coroners, funeral directors, organ/ tissue donation purposes, or workers compensation authorities
- A response to any subpoena received from a government agency will be provided without your prior notice.
- Notification will be provided to you, of any subpoena received from a non-government entity, which requires the disclosure of your identity. A waiting period of ten (10) days or any lesser amount of time indicated as a deadline in the subpoena will transpire before your personal information is disclosed.
Sharing your information
Independent Eye Care Professionals, Inc. d/b/a Vision Care Direct is the sole owner of information collected on the vcdplans.comsite and will not sell or rent your personally identifiable or health information to anyone. This information will never be used to develop or improve products or services. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your requests or order.
The vcdplans.com site contains security measures to protect against loss, misuse, or altercation of personally identifiable information under the control of Independent Eye Care Professionals, Inc. d/b/a Vision Care Direct.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Conditions of use
Accessing the vcdplans.com site is subject to the disclaimers provided herein and any other web site conditions but not limited to damage limitations or applicable state laws.
Independent Eye Care Professionals, Inc. d/b/a Vision Care Direct honors your right to have your personal and healthcare information protected. This corporation will not retaliate in any way if you choose to file a complaint with us at the email address below or with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
This policy was last updated on April 10, 2019